Chat Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That's life..

Go down

That's life.. Empty That's life..

Post  Justme Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Every once in awhile I read a little of Dlisted, never participating as I don't participate anywhere (other than Facebook)but curiosity makes me check in from time to time, primarily for celeb gossip, rarely for comments. The dynamic is very odd and has always bothered me. Now that I'm completely removed from it, I see. I am very blessed to have an amazing group of female friends, most of whom worked for/with me. They are every race, every age, every size, and a variety of backgrounds. There is no cattiness, no jealousy and certainly no analyzing based on any of those things. One of the friends I've been spending a great deal of time with is a size 0, 32 DD.. she's short so she's not sickly thin, which I find disturbing. She's hot, but I find just as many of my other friends just as hot. Never has it occurred to me, or her, that it should matter that we look very different from one another. She's who she is, I am who I am. I'm not a petite woman, as everyone knows, but never have I accepted her, or she I, as anything but friends. In fact, she was one of the first to meet my boyfriend. No jealousy or feeling threatened by one another, nothing. Many people of Dlisted dwell far far too much on the physical, and it's expected of those who've had past eating disorders I suppose, but I'm grateful that that dynamic is not part of my reality. I love who I am, I'm very comfortable in my own skin, although there are things I would like to change about myself (as most women would), but I don't think about it that much. I just enjoy life, eating things I shouldn't (often) along with "healthy" things, and getting exercise if it suits my mood especially if it's something I enjoy. There are more important things to focus on.

I also see a LOT of dysfunction. One could argue that I'm judgemental... well, we all are or there wouldn't be "snark" would there? My standards of living do not include people who use drugs, have criminal backgrounds, etc. That is not me, so why would I find it acceptable? Just as many don't find "fat" acceptable, which I am not, but I love some who are. Their size doesn't change their brain or behavior and they aren't commiting a crime... my standard. If that makes me a cunt, I'm a cunt. Don't care, my life.

I've also discovered that I was correct saying nothing changes. "Snark" in itself is not particularly funny to me anyway, so that's my personal taste in humor, but it's the same. I left for months and it's as if a record is skipping... same celebs, same snark, same style, same "drama", same alts, same alt talk... same, same, same and it's more of the same that didn't appeal to me to begin with, other than MK himself, but even that's lost it's shine to me.

I've also learned during my time away, it IS possible to meet someone (although not necessary and I've done damn fine on my own plenty) who is WORTH the nurturing, the support, the concern, the love and care that good women offer to men. There are men who reciprocate! Who knew? I am very happy with my boyfriend, who appreciates every thing about me, including my son, and it's his generosity and emotional support that is allowing me to take off the entire summer and spend it with my son before he moves on to his career. That is worth more than any diamond or any gold, but he'd give me those too if I asked for it. He's a true sweetheart, a real man, and I'd marry him in a heartbeat.

There are a few characters on the main that I do find appealing but there aren't enough of them. It would take 100 Irish Fury's to make Dlisted appealing to the majority of "normal" people.

I'm glad I didn't stay for more of the same of ALL of it. I'm happy, where *I* am. Here's hoping that you're happy where you are. If not, I recommend a change. Worked for me. Very Happy

Justme

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum